Found Animals seeks a skilled and motivated individual to join our team as a Dog Daycare Associate. This position is responsible for supporting the culture of Found Animals within a retail adoption and services program called Adopt & Shop. This position reports to the Daycare Manager. This is a part-time hourly position (20 - 25 hours/week, $11/hour) and will be based in animal-friendly Culver City, California. This position may require working evenings and weekends.
The Found Animals Foundation, Inc. (Found Animals) is a Los Angeles based 501(c)(3) with a mission to develop innovative solutions that minimize the euthanasia of pets in animal shelters. The organization is a social entrepreneurship venture committed to bringing business principles to bear in addressing animal welfare issues. Found Animals is well funded and managed by business and medical professionals. The organization seeks enthusiastic, talented professionals with a proven track record to join a fast paced, entrepreneurial team.
The Dog Daycare Associate is responsible for the supervision, control and management of daycare dogs and ensuring the safety of the playgroup. Additionally, the Associate is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the playrooms as well as other assigned areas of the facility.
Job Specific Duties:
- Monitor dogs within the daycare area during all hours of operation while the pet is in our care.
- Interact with dogs in playgroups. Maintain visual observations of dogs at all times and spread attention and play among all dogs in the playgroup.
- Establish and maintain solid lines of communication with Daycare Manager.
- Request back-up coverage prior to leaving the playgroup floor.
- Complete general cleaning duties as posted or assigned, including but not limited to properly disposing and cleaning of dog waste, as instructed.
- Complete dog incident reports in a timely manner, when required.
- Communicate any health and behavior issues to the Daycare Manager to ensure proper handling and resolution.
- Consistently achieve service goals, drive incremental sales through daycare and training services.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all guests who enter the Adopt & Shop.
- Maintain a clean, well groomed appearance that represents our brand well and is welcoming to pet parents.
- Animal handling experience in an animal shelter, veterinary office, training or boarding facility setting preferred.
- Knowledge of dogs as companion animals and the ability to recognize change in an animal’s health or demeanor.
- Knowledge of animal welfare and dog health issues.
- Comfortable handling dogs of all sizes and breeds.
- Proven ability to handle all aspects of prior job duties and executing them to satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact constructively with a wide range of personalities
- Motivated self-starter with great attitude, flexibility, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Rarely lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- High School Diploma or greater.
To respond to this opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Adopt & Shop Daycare Associate – Culver City